The Philippines’ sense of a plausible summer depends much on breath-taking beaches, resorts, and colder provinces. In fact, major travel publications have consistently named Philippine islands and beaches, including Boracay, as the best in the world. But the Philippines is more than just an enchanting tropical destination for island hopping and beach adventures. The country has 3,134 mountains and is a great place to watch the sunrise. Temperatures in some of the mountains can drop, making the country ideal for summer camping. But what about some indoor unique activities for family and other loved ones? Manila has always highlighted the exceptional variety of tourist attractions that the city has to offer. Such great example is the Mckinley Hills in Taguig. Aside from its well-known Venice-inspired location, their newly opened indoor park has gained popularity in first quarter of 2022. Furthermore, include Wetpark Adventure Lagoon in your summer vacation itinerary!
Taguig is Metro Manila’s first-class, highly urbanized city. The city is known for Bonifacio Global City, which is located on the western shores of Laguna de Bay. It is one of the Philippines’ leading financial centers. Moreover, Taguig’s Venice Grand Canal Mall is open to the public. Since its inception in 2015, it has become a popular hangout for Taguig City residents. The Venice Grand Canal Mall is not only a popular tourist destination because of its design and structure. It continues to appeal to people because it provides a place to unwind and experience the casual lifestyle of Venice, Italy. There are activities available to round out one’s Venetian-inspired experience. For P500, one can take a gondola ride and feed the pigeons with a pack of bird food. Recently, they also opened the Philippines’ first ever indoor waterpark – the Wetpark Adventure Lagoon.
Wetpark Adventure Lagoon
If you’re looking for fun water activities without having to travel far, this new water park in Taguig is a must-see for kids and kids at heart! The McKinley Hill’s Venice Grand Canal Mall recently announced in an online post about the country’s first indoor aqua playground. The new indoor water park boasts a pirate theme and various water play areas and activities for all ages. Moreover, this facility will also have a commercial space where they will sell various swimming accessories and souvenirs. Since April 8, a lot of locals and tourists heightened the number of visitors in the mall. However, the water park gets really crowded due to its popularity. So if you wish to enjoy the place, make sure to reserve a lot online through this link. Additionally, there are different time slots in a day you can choose from. Each slot offer 3 hours of enjoyment.
Wetpark Adventure Lagoon Ticket Prices
Each ticket entry is inclusive for one (1) child and one (1) guardian/adult/parent.
- Monday – Thursday Php 588
- Friday – Sunday & Holidays Php 688
- Monday – Thursday Php 688
- Friday – Sunday & Holidays Php 788
Tips and Guidelines
- Bring appropriate swim wears such as swimming cap, rash guard, swim shorts/bathing suit, and aqua shoes/aqua socks
- If not available, you may buy or rent the required swim wears beside the reception area
- Don’t forget to bring vaccination card, toiletries (soap and shampoo for example), towels, extra clothes for change, extra plastic for wet clothes
- There are 3 time slots you can choose from ever Mon-Thurs, and 4 time slots every Fri-Sun
- Wetpark reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone who has not been vaccinated
- Reservations are encouraged for a hassle-free getaway
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Latecomers may be disallowed. They will strictly implement a “Batch by Batch” accommodation due to high demand. Moreover, There will be no exceptions for late arrivals.
How to get there?
- Take an MRT to Ayala and look for the jeepney bound for Market Market. Look for jeepneys bound for FTI Gate 3 at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and McKinley Road. Get down at McKinley Hill and go up to the 3rd floor where you can find the Wetpark Adventure Lagoon.
- Take an MRT to Ayala and look for the TheFort bus terminal bound for Fort Bonifacio. These are air-conditioned buses that circulate throughout Fort Bonifacio. Look for jeepneys bound for FTI Gate 3 at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and McKinley Road. Get down at McKinley Hill and go up to the 3rd floor where you can find the Wetpark Adventure Lagoon.
- Take the MRT to Guadalupe Station. In Gaudalupe, there are jeepneys that go to AFP Housing and Fort Bonifacio. You can choose between the two routes, which both pass by McKinley Hill. Get down at McKinley Hill and go up to the 3rd floor where you can find the Wetpark Adventure Lagoon.
Via Public Transportation
- Take an FX or jeepney to Kalayaan Avenue and exit at the Kalayaan/C5 intersection. From that corner, jeepneys depart for Market Market. Ride the jeepney bound for FTI/Gate 3 from Market Market. Get down at McKinley Hill and go up to the 3rd floor where you can find the Wetpark Adventure Lagoon.
- In Gaudalupe, there are jeepneys that go to AFP Housing and Fort Bonifacio. You can choose between the two routes, which both pass by McKinley Hill.Get down at McKinley Hill and go up to the 3rd floor where you can find the Wetpark Adventure Lagoon.
Via Private Transportation
- McKinley Hill is located just off Lawton Road, which connects the South Super Highway (via the FTI/Nichols/Villamor Airbase exit) and Bonifacio Global City. It is also accessible via C5 via the McKinley Hills gate in the southbound lane, just past the Market Market/The Fort exit. The area is also accessible via EDSA northbound via a) Kalayaan Avenue, b) McKinley Road going to Forbes via the Ayala corner, or c) the C5 flyover coming from Buendia. It is preferable to approach via Lawton Road because it is less congested than C5.