Rizal is a landlocked province in the Philippines, located in the Calabarzon region of Luzon. Antipolo is its capital city. It is located approximately 16 kilometers east of Manila. Rizal is a place where you can reconnect with nature while still enjoying the finer points of city life. From the rugged foothills of Montalban and Antipolo down to the Laguna de Bay’s scenic shores and rippling valleys stretch. Rizal province is famous for having some of the most breathtaking hiking mountains in the Philippines. It is indeed ideal for those seeking a dose of nature’s retreat. Thus boasting a huge array of mountains and forests. But you don’t have to go too far to be able to experience the heights they offer. Additionally, Antipolo City, offers an exciting nature respite near the Metro. Read more to know about the Cloud 9 Sports and Leisure Club in Antipolo City.
Antipolo City is a great mix of metropolitan and province vibe with so many interesting places to visit. It is very accessible with only an approximately 2-hour drive from Manila. Its higher altitude than Metro Manila provides a scenic view of the city, especially at night. You can eat at one of the many restaurants that line its ridges and enjoy a spectacular view of Metropolis. But how about the exciting activities? Looking for a place to have try some thrilling stuff to do? Go to Cloud 9 Sports and Leisure Club. It has a lot of attractions and amenities to try. Because of its romantic ambiance, it is very popular among young people, particularly couples. Cloud 9 Antipolo is also ideal for groups of friends or families looking for a quick escapade. With the entire metro as a backdrop, anyone can enjoy the leisure activities in the area.
Cloud 9 Sports and Leisure
Cloud 9 is an events venue located on Sumulong Highway. It is approximately a 10-15 minute drive from Antipolo City. Previously known as Café Nueve, it serves delectable and sumptuous dishes that are enhanced by panoramic views as you dine. Furthermore, it first opened to the public as a restaurant in 1995. The hanging bridge of this famous tourist spot leads to a terrace with a 360-degree view of the entire city. It eventually included lodgings as well as other recreation and event facilities. As of writing, their pool area is closed and isn’t available yet. But there are still so many things you can do in the vicinity. Guests can stay in a regular room, but most will prefer the luxury of one of the suites. Which include the Veranda Suite, Rainbow Suite, Morning Star Suite, and the astounding Penthouse Suite. The place is indeed convenient, isn’t it?
The 360 degree View Deck and Hanging Bridge
The main attraction in Cloud 9 is the 360 View Deck, offering a panoramic view of the surrounding area. Including the Metro Manila cityscape and a breathtaking sunset. The viewing platform is reached via a thrilling hanging bridge. When it comes to crossing the bridge, everyone must wait their turn because only a certain number of people are allowed to cross at one time. However, this is not for the faint of heart. As you walk along the hanging bridge, you will notice that it is literally moving and swaying. But reaching the top will be worth-while. The journey will make you braver and the views will make you introspective. I attest so as we tried them ourselves. Going down, you can use the tower’s stairs. Then you will walk across the metal walkway decorated with plants and flowers. It was such a romantic pathway back to the restaurant.
Butuan Caraga Heritage Museum
There is another attraction you can find in Cloud 9 Sports and Leisure. The Butuan Caraga Heritage Museum. This museum houses a collection of archaeological artifacts and items related to Butuan City and the Caraga Region. Thus you can find remnants here of the old folks including the datu in the old times. There are old swords and spears used for hunting. Weaved clothes, accesories, and even bones of animals and historical people from Butuan Caraga. However, the museum is closed for renovation as of writing. According to the management, they will re-open it after two weeks. All visitors have to pass a quick educational walkthrough this museum first before climbing the hanging bridge. Going to Cloud 9 is indeed a worth-while and jump-packed getaway.
Where to eat in Cloud 9?
Of course, climbing the hanging bridge will need extra strength. Even after climbing, you might have loosen some of the energy for the day. So it’s a good thing that Cloud 9 offers a restaurant with a scenic view of the Cities. The view and the foods will help replenish you physically and mentally. The foods can be a little bit pricey, but they all pay for huge servings and the taste. It was worth-while. Here are the list of what we ordered:
- Lumpiang Shanghai
- Grilled Chicken
- Fried Tilapia
- Bihon Guisado
- Php 286.00
- Php 444.00
- Php 369.00
- Php 722.00
- Php 315.00
- Php 276.00
Tips and Guidelines on exploring Cloud 9 Antipolo
- Address: Cloud 9 Sports and Leisure Club, Brgy. Sta. Cruz, Sumulong Highway, Antipolo
- Bring Sunblock in case you’re going on earlier time
- Ticket is Php 70.00 inclusive for hanging bridge and Butuan museum. But you can have it free if you purchase worth of Php 300.00 per head in their restaurant
- Bring money because they no other means of payment other than cash and gcash
- No pets allowed. No Smoking
- People with medical problems are not allowed
- People suffering from acrophobia are not permitted on hanging bridge and 360 View Deck
- Those wearing high-heeled shoes are not allowed to cross the hanging bridge
- Wear anything comfortable
- The restaurant is susceptible to being crowded on weekends, holidays, and during peak hours. There’s a good chance you’ll have to wait for tables to clear before being seated in the restaurant
- Bring your own hand sanitizer or alcohol
How to get there?
- From MRT Cubao Station, walk towards the Telus building in front of the farmers market and look for an FX or jeepney bound for Antipolo-Simbahan or Antipolo-Sumulong. Then instruct the driver to drop you off at Cloud 9. It will be on your left
- Ride LRT 2 bound to Masinag Station. Then Ride a jeepney bound for Antipolo-Simbahan. Then instruct the driver to drop you off at Cloud 9. It will be on your left
- Take a bus from Cubao bound to Antipolo. Then instruct the driver to drop you off at Cloud 9. It will be on your left
- Take a bus from Cubao bound to SM Masinag. Then ride another bus or jeepney going to Antipolo. Then instruct the driver to drop you off at Cloud 9. It will be on your left
Via GrabCar or Taxi
- Take a taxi or book a GrabCar from any point of Metro Manila and nearby cities going to Cloud 9. However, this might get a little expensive.
Via Private Car
- From Manila, drive along Marcos Highway toward Antipolo until you reach Masinag Intersection. Then turn right to Sumulong highway which will take you to Upper Antipolo. From Masinag you’ll get there in less than 10 minutes. It will be on your left