Gateway Mall stands as a vibrant symbol of modern retail and leisure. With its diverse range of stores, exquisite dining options, and fun entertainment experiences, Gateway Mall has become more than just a shopping destination; it’s a thriving hub of culture, community, and excitement. From high-end luxury brands to budget-friendly options, the mall’s extensive array of stores ensures that every shopper finds something to their liking. Fashion enthusiasts can explore flagship outlets of renowned international designers, while tech-savvy individuals can indulge in the latest gadgets and electronics. Home décor, cosmetics, sporting goods – you name it, Gateway Mall has it. Completed in the year 2004, it has grown to become an iconic landmark. Boasting an impressive 100,000 square meters (1,100,000 square feet) of total floor area. It has stood as a symbol of Araneta City’s growth and dynamism through the years. The flagship mall earned some prestigious recognition.
Gaining the Shopping Center of the Year in 2006 and 2007 from the Philippine Retailers Association. Furthermore, it received the Merit Award at the 30th Innovative Design and Development Awards by the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), and was also a finalist in the 2008 Urban Land Institute Awards for Excellence. Furthermore, the mall warmly welcomes approximately 220,000 visitors daily. It also has a pedestrian walkway that links the mall to the Coliseum, with connectivity to the MRT-3 and LRT-2. The city’s major transit systems enhance accessibility and convenience for everyone. One of its pride is “The Oasis”. An extraordinary indoor garden that connects with the open sky. Those visiting the mall can enjoy their meals in this setting, with accredited mall restaurants offering their services. Additionally, The Oasis provides an exclusive option to book the space for private events for personalized gatherings and special celebrations.
Gateway Mall 2
As the doors swing open, this P5-billion expansion redefines the urban experience in the metro. With its contemporary architecture, diverse offerings, and captivating features, the New Gateway Mall 2 is poised to become the epitome of modern urban living. Building upon the rich legacy of the multi-awarded Gateway Mall, the New Gateway Mall 2 introduces an astounding expansion that spans over 200,000 square meters. Furthermore, this vast canvas sets the stage for an array of unparalleled choices in shopping, dining, entertainment, and leisure, all carefully curated over multiple levels of the mall. It is where over 400 brands come together to create an immersive experience like no other. Leading brands like Anta, Converse, Puma, and Skechers have already made their mark, and more exciting additions are on the horizon. Moreover, this new chapter in Araneta City’s story caters to a wide spectrum of tastes and preferences.
“The New Gateway Mall 2 reinforces Araneta City’s commitment to its pioneering legacy in commercial development,” states Rowell Recinto, Chairman of the Management Committee. It’s not just another mall; it’s a unique space that offers patrons memorable and gratifying experiences. All within the dynamic setting of the City of Firsts. The New Gateway Mall 2’s contemporary architecture of glass and steel creates a captivating contrast with the inviting urban oasis inside. The Sensory Garden, the Culinary Garden, and The Lagoon provide serene respites for mallgoers. While the stunning 1,000-capacity Sagrada Familia Church stands proudly atop the mall, a sight to behold. Among the many highlights, the 700-square-meter Quantum Skyview steals the spotlight. Furthermore, with the country’s first ceiling-mounted LED display, it offers an unparalleled visual experience. This versatile space also has hosted an array of events and activities. From fan meetings to book launches, with more possibilities yet to unfold.
If you’re looking for similar places to go, check out:
- Araneta City – Where to go and what to do in Cubao?
- Greenbelt Mall; A go-to shopping mall in Makati
- Mitsukoshi Mall, BGC – First PH Japanese Store
How to get there?
Via Public Transportation
- Ride the LRT or MRT: Head to the nearest LRT or MRT station. Purchase a ticket or use a stored value card (like the Beep card) to enter the station.
- Take the Train Towards Taft Avenue Station: If you are starting from the LRT-1 line, take the train headed towards Taft Avenue Station. If you are starting from the LRT-2 line, take the train towards Santolan Station. If you are starting from the MRT-3 line, take the train towards Taft Avenue Station.
- Transfer to MRT-3 at Taft Avenue: If you started on the LRT-1 or LRT-2 lines, transfer to the MRT-3 line at Taft Avenue Station. Follow the signs for the MRT-3 platform.
- Ride MRT-3 Towards North Avenue: Once on the MRT-3, take the train headed towards North Avenue Station. Gateway Mall is located near the Araneta-Cubao Station, which is a stop along the MRT-3 line.
- Arrival at Araneta-Cubao Station: Alight at the Araneta-Cubao Station. Follow the signs within the station towards Gateway Mall. The mall is directly connected to the station, so you don’t need to exit the station to access it.